Virat Kohli accepts relationship with Anushka Sharma, asks for privacy
Virat Kohli on Thursday confirmed his relationship with actor Anushka Sharma and said they are seeing each other.
Kohli has asked the public to use common sense on his much talked about relationship with Anushka Sharma and said their privacy should be respected.
"It is out in the open (Jo hai sabke saamne hai abhi). We are not hiding anything, we are not trying to hide anything. I don't want to hide anything. But if you get repeatedly asked on the same thing and if it is made a matter of debate then both the individuals don't feel it is right," said Kohli at the launch of his fashion line here on Thursday.
Kohli said it was already obvious that he and Anushka were in a relationship and people should not be curious about them anymore.
|The couple recently admitted to their relationship in public. Anushka was casual in ripped denims and grey top, while Virat wore a tee shirt and a cap. (Source: IE)|
"We will not personally like to speak about it because it is something very personal for us and that should be respected by the media and everyone else as well," Kohli said.
The 26-year-old stand-in-skipper also batted for boxer Sarita Devi and felt that her decision to not accept the bronze medal at the Incheon Asian Games wasn't against the rule.
"I know about the incident. I think sportsmen need the support of its association and I personally don't think her decision is against modern rules. She felt something and took that decision that could have been solved in a different way.
I don't know what happened there, what I have seen from outside this is my idea," he said.
The Delhi player launched his fashion line 'Wrogn' and said it was something he always wanted to do.
"Really glad and happy that I am able to do something that I always wanted to do. This idea of launching own clothing line came and we were thinking of names. One thing that people associated with me in first look or first instance is being wrong. They picture me as someone who is wrong and eventually that becomes right after certain point of time. So that was the whole plan and then we decided to spell wrong in a wrong way," he said.
Kohli said he is inspired by pop star Justin Timberlake and his clothing line reflects that.
- Fans and the media have been speculating about the couple's relationship status for months now. But isn't a picture worth a thousand words?
- While speculations were rife about their relationship ever since they featured in the ad together, doubts were cleared when Virat was spotted at Anushka's residence in January this year.
- The duo were spotted walking hand in hand in Auckland, New Zeland in February by some of their Indian fans.
- When she appeared in Karan Johar's show 'Koffee With Karan' earlier, Anushka categorically denied her relationship with he cricketer but said he was a friend whom she called and texted.
- Indian captain Virat Kohli had someone special in the stands when he hit his half-century in the match against Sri Lanka at Rajiv Gandhi stadium earlier this month.
- It was his rumoured girlfriend Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma.
- Anushka was seen cheering Kohli when he scored a run off De Silva to complete his 50 and also became the quickest batsman to score 6,000 runs in ODIs.
- The captain took off his helmet, kissed it and also blew a kiss off to Anushka, who responded with a standing ovation.
Anushka was also spotted in the stands during the recently-concluded series against Sri Lanka when Virat blew her a kiss after hitting a ton. They didn't deny the relationship, but neither owned up to it either, till last evening. According to a Mumbai Mirror report, at a function to launch his clothing line, when asked about his relationship status, Virat Kohli shot back, “Whatever is there is out in the open, I have nothing to hide. I am not doing anything wrong. If people were to use simple logic, they wouldn't be asking this question about two people seen together so often. It's common sense. It can get a bit irritating if you are asked the same question again and again. It's a personal matter and not a topic of debate." With one simple answer, Virat has pushed the monkey off his back before he leaves for the Australia series.
A lot has been reported about Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli allegedly seeing each other. And the buzz doing the rounds is that the two are taking their relationship to a new level and getting engaged. According to a report published on mid-day.com, buzz is that their respective families have met, tongues have been wagging about an official announcement about their status, if not an engagement. Anushka, who is awaiting the release of her next film, PK, flew down to Hyderabad to cheer for Virat.